“Acadaware has become our ‘1 Stop Shopping’ for all things related to Clinical Education management! It allows for managing on-boarding documents and contracts, allows for student clinical knowledge self-assessments for pre-arrival communication just to name a few features… and it also makes clinical placement and the selection process seamless and painless! Acadaware is timely, modular, and versatile; which is a great feature for the challenges facing today’s academic programs and clinics.”
“It saves the program tons of time and resources!”
The reporting is “Magical”.
“When I started my first job at the college, I was the administrative secretary of the nursing department. My boss wanted to be able to track the traditional nursing students in cohorts for projecting how many classes and faculty would be needed for future semesters. We admitted students each fall and spring. I created 3 different access databases to maintain the student information and was the only one who could support the databases. I am now the Clinical Resource Associate at the college and collect data on the clinical side. My goal was to work with our technology department to seek a data system supported by the college. Almost ten years later, we found Acadaware.
Acadaware was able to transfer all our data into one database. John Sommer has been wonderful to work with, exploring ways to capture the information we need to create reports. Acadaware enables our department to enter clinical schedules and track student hours for our accrediting agencies. Other exciting information we are able to capture consist of:
· Track students when they change from one cohort to another
· Track students in particular cohorts to monitor registration status
· Create reports to show student advisors and advising numbers for faculty
· Create reports to show clinical history of a particular student or groups of students
· Track attendance of students in the clinical setting (where, when, and how many hours missed)
· Track overall clinical hours for each individual student (direct contact, simulation, and observation)
· Clinical site tracking – contacts information, contracts, contract dates, and the particular clinical group that utilizes the site
We are utilizing one part of Acadaware, and so far we are very pleased. Knowing that we are creating an information system supported by the college, provides us with up to date reporting and the ability to produce reports quickly.”